*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- Completed a post-secondary University Degree in social work or equivalent education.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification and CPR/First Aid Certification would be an asset or willing to obtain.
- Minimum of five (5) years but less than seven (7) years of prior related experience, including experience in a shelter setting, experience in supervision, leadership, coaching, and motivating staff, and working with marginalized clientele.
Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Develop an understanding of the Mission of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities and support the Mission in all aspects of work, including the manner in which responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Supervisory/management skills and the ability to lead coach and motivate.
- Provide necessary resources, supports and training to program staff.
- Adhere to all Salvation Army policies, directives, and operating guidelines.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and be flexible in the face of change.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, good judgement, and ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Attentive listening skills for the purpose of supervision, counseling, and conflict resolution.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Develop new and unique ways to improve the community-based programming and to create new opportunities.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
- Occasional travel within Medicine Hat.
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- Valid Criminal Records Check; Vulnerable Sector Screening
- A valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Completion of TSA’s online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training
The Salvation Army requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination. The Salvation Army will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province/territory of employment.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.