Job Listing – Senior Human Resources Consultant
Senior Human Resources Consultant
Cenera – Who We Are
Cenera provides customized human resources, career transition, coaching, and information and privacy solutions to organizations and individuals. We are employee-owned, Calgary-based and have been operating for more than 24 years.
We work with organizations of all sizes: from small, growth-focused businesses who appreciate our local expertise and presence to some of Canada’s biggest players looking for an experienced team to support their needs. Our clients come from a diverse range of industries including oil and gas, manufacturing, non-profit, financial services, utilities, health care, municipalities and academia.
Our solutions may include any combination of human resources consulting, coaching, career transition, and privacy and information management.
The on-going growth and expansion of Cenera’s Human Resources Consulting practice has created a full-time, permanent opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Consultant to join our team. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to continuously apply, learn and develop a repertoire of skills and experience while supporting multiple clients and working on a diverse array of projects and issues simultaneously.
The Senior Consultant will be responsible for delivering on a portfolio of client business. Additionally, the role will grow to encompass responsibility for building the portfolio through delivery of excellent results, development of client relationships and business development activities.
Using knowledge and understanding of HR best practices, the Senior Consultant will customize services and products to meet the specific needs of each client while working collaboratively, openly sharing information and expertise and supporting team efforts.
The Senior Consultant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining and managing professional and appropriate client relationships, navigating any unexpected delays, requests or changes in scope.
- Developing and delivering robust training targeted to the specific needs of Cenera’s clients.
- Developing, implementing, and executing Human Resources programs and projects related to performance management, employee surveys, organization assessment and design, policies and recruitment, as required.
- Providing HR Advisory services to a diverse client group on a wide range of Human Resources topics incorporating knowledge of employment legislation and best practices.
- Building and maintaining Cenera’s business through business development efforts and the delivery of exceptional client service.
The successful candidate will derive satisfaction from growth, change and learning. The deliverables of the Senior Human Resources Consultant will change on a daily basis based on the needs and requests of our clients and an ideal candidate will thrive on managing multiple priorities and projects at once.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of experience working as a Human Resources Professional with diverse generalist experience and a proven track record of HR Advisory responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge of HR policy and legislation. The ability to create, or review and revise, and advise on or facilitate the implementation of policy.
- Demonstrable experience in researching, customizing, building, and facilitating leader and employee training presentations and materials. Experience and comfort in teaching a variety of topics.
- Proven ability to build and maintain appropriate, professional, and trusting relationships. Ability to manage multiple priorities and client expectations.
- Demonstrated professional verbal communication skills and comprehensive writing skills as applied to documentation, report writing, program and product development and communication.
- Willing to openly share knowledge and skills with team members.
- Ability to travel as required. Typically preplanned and does not exceed 25%.
Non-essential but nice to have skills, experience and attributes include:
- Project management skills, and a demonstrated ability to deliver projects on scope, budget and timeline will be considered a strong asset.
- Project estimation and proposal generation.
- Experience in all stages of the recruitment process.
- CPHR designation preferred.
While a business development or consulting background is not essential for success in this role, experience in supporting and influencing client groups through strategic decisions and changes will be important, along with willingness to develop client relationships and pursue business development opportunities.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3066, to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Search and Recruitment Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797