Job Listing – Operations Group Leader (#3055CW)
Operations Group Leader (#3055CW)
EQUS was founded on the co-operative spirit. Their core values of Quality, Accountability, Community, and Knowledge define the attitude that their teams bring to work every day. Together they deliver quality electrical services to rural Alberta.
EQUS is seeking an Operations Group Leader to lead safe, effective, and consistent operations across EQUS’ service areas, and drive growth for the organization.
As a member of the EQUS Executive Team and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Operations Group Leader is accountable to attract and retain members by ensuring EQUS provides safe and reliable electrical services throughout our service areas. This accountability includes the development of safe work practices, business development to attract new members, and the safe ongoing operations to procure, install and maintain the necessary electrical infrastructure to meet members’ needs.
Based in Innisfail, Alberta, the Operations Group Leader will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Consistently apply Values-Based Leadership to create an organization that motivates employees by connecting EQUS’ organizational goals to employees’ values and communicates EQUS’ values in a way that employees are inspired to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Participate with other members of the Executive Team to develop the strategies and plans to create and maintain a highly effective organization that meets members and employees’ expectations.
- Develop the annual revenue and expense budgets for the Operations Group including staffing, equipment, new construction, annual planned projects, inventory management and business development.
- Ensure effective development of new standards and work practices that are consistently applied in all Areas.
- Oversee the development and execution of annual work plans in Standards and the three Areas within approved budgets and timelines.
- Develop the annual Business Development plan that includes member attraction and retention targets, business development initiatives and associated budgets.
- Participate in building external stakeholder relationships on behalf of EQUS
- Oversee the development of EQUS’ systems plan that describes an accurate path forward for the development of infrastructure to meet the needs of current and prospective new members and new types of members.
- Ensure that practices are consistent across the three Areas so that staff can be deployed into other areas on an as needed basis.
- Lead or participate in special projects.
- Ensure that new initiatives are effectively rolled out to the Areas in a timely and coordinated manner so that disruption is minimized.
- Develop an integrated and highly effective Operations Leadership team that is focused on the needs of prospective and existing members.
- Ensure that all resources (staff, equipment, inventory facilities and budgets dollars) are managed prudently and are deployed in a manner that provides the greatest return on investment.
As an ideal candidate, your background includes:
- a Business degree such as a B.Comm, MBA or a P.Eng;
- 10 + years of progressive leadership experience in operations and business development;
- demonstrated ability to meet or exceed P&L expectations of a growing business;
- experience in the electrical or power line industry;
- experience with supply chain management would be considered an asset;
- demonstrated strong leadership capabilities with a track record of coaching and mentoring employees; and,
- the ability to lead, through others, an organization that is in several geographic locations.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3055CW, to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Search and Recruitment Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797
EQUS is a recipient of The Employee Recommended Workplace Award. The Employee Recommended Workplace Award recognizes excellence in achieving a healthy, engaged and productive workforce. It is the only award of its kind that is based entirely on feedback from employees.