Job Listing – Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Our Client – Siksika Family Services Corporation
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the Finance Manager, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing human resources services to Siksika Family Services Corporation, including recruitment, retention, human resource information management, employee relations, performance management, total compensation and learning and development services.
The successful Human Resources Manager will have proven success working with employees and demonstrating their interpersonal and influencing skills. The individual demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in working through the various complex scenarios that are presented. The Human Resources Manager will contribute equally as a team member and an individual. The successful candidate will split their time between Siksika Family Services offices in Siksika and Calgary.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, partnering with division leaders and managers to anchor the desired culture within the organization;
- Supporting and leading the organizational human resources function as a trusted advisor and partner;
- Creating and maintaining a positive employee relations environment and building strong relationships with both front-line employees and leaders to provide sound advice and counsel;
- Managing employee relations matters to include conducting investigations and advising people leaders on recommended courses of action;
- Creating, updating and maintaining human resource management system records to include new hires, terminations, transfers and changes to employment status;
- Leading all recruitment activities including career fair participation, job posting creation and advertising, candidate screening, selection and onboarding;
- Creating all organization-wide communication related to human resources matters (i.e., employee communication, benefits information, new employee announcements, etc.);
- Creating, evaluating and communicating all human resources policies and procedures within the organization;
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with all applicable labor and employment laws and ensures all internal process and procedures are adhered to while also continually improving processes;
- Providing guidance and support to management regarding compensation design and pay for performance programs;
- Providing exceptional customer service responding to employee and leader questions and requests in a timely manner;
- Coordinating learning and development programs including identification of learning needs, development of training programs, scheduling and tracking of training and program evaluations; and,
- Maintaining the Human Resources Information System to include leading system upgrades and ensuring data integrity within the system.
As an ideal candidate, you posses the following education, experience, skills and abilities:
- Degree in Human Resources, Business or other related discipline plus a minimum of 7 years’ experience in senior Human Resources positions; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. CPHR designation is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of human resources practices, Canada Labour Code, Alberta Employment Standards, and other legislation specific to privacy, human rights, workers’ compensation and occupational health and safety.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, diplomacy and objectivity when communicating and interacting with employees and leaders.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Strong initiative and action orientated with a sense of urgency to get things completed.
- Knowledge of aboriginal or Siksika culture, language and history. Ability to speak the Siksika language is an asset.
- Proven track record of strong organizational and excellent communication skills (including interpersonal, writing, and editing) capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- Embraces technology with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) solutions.
- Possesses the ability to work in crisis situations and de-escalate situations effectively.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees from entry level to senior management.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Executive Search Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797