Job Listing – Human Resources Director (#3050CW)
Human Resources Director (#3050CW)
Our Client – Siksika Nation
Reporting to the Executive Manager, the Human Resources Director guides and manages the overall provision of human resources services, policies, and programs for the Siksika Nation.
The Human Resources Director will coordinate and manage services and programs such as employee relations, training and development, organizational management, recruitment and on-boarding, performance management, and human resource policies, procedures and initiatives.
The Director, Human Resources will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing leadership, advice and direction on all areas of Human Resources including Benefits, Compensation, Employee Relations and Talent Management;
- Overseeing and advising on employee issues such as discipline or termination proceedings, investigations and performance issues;
- Assessing the implications of industry developments and implementing long-term strategies that position the organization for success;
- Ensuring compliance with all labour laws and regulations;
- Overseeing talent management, succession and workforce planning initiatives; working as a strategic partner with the Executive Management to support effective organizational development;
- Ensuring the Compensation & Benefits programs support a competitive total rewards strategy for our employees;
- Utilizing industry best practices to continually improve performance, efficiencies and productivity within the Human Resources department while achieving and maintaining customer service excellence;
- Directing the budget planning process and projects to ensure departmental goals are met in a timely manner and within budget;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure priorities and timeline expectations are clearly understood; manage conflicts while ensuring effective relationships remain intact;
- Identifying opportunities to promote initiatives and activities that enhance Siksika Nation’s reputation both internally and externally; and,
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
As an ideal candidate, you posses the following education, experience, skills and abilities:
- Degree in Human Resources, Business or other related discipline plus a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in senior Human Resources positions; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources staff members.
- Knowledge of aboriginal or Siksika culture, language and history.
- Ability to speak the Siksika language is an asset.
- An active listener and a strong verbal and written communicator who is confident and articulate, and able to communicate with all types of people at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment in the handling of confidential information; this includes a high degree of integrity and trust.
- Demonstrated high level of functional HR expertise, strong business acumen and highly professional demeanor.
- Depth of knowledge in applicable Legislation (i.e. Canadian Human Rights Code, Alberta Employment Standards, Labour Law, Employment Equity, WCB).
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and navigate change and recommend solutions using clear processes and methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills to resolve issues and evaluate possible solutions; this includes the ability to persuade and influence decision makers and key stakeholders.
- Superior customer service focus with the proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to manage multiple priorities and competing demands with tight timelines.
- Proven ability to both lead and work in a team environment by providing guidance and coaching in areas of expertise; this includes effective leadership, coaching and strong team building skills.
- Ability to support change and create alignment across the organization.
- Budgeting and forecasting skills; this includes an ability to analyze, forecast, and report on capital and operating costs.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and challenging environment.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3050CW, to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Search and Recruitment Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797