Job Listing – Executive Assistant
About CanWhite Sands
CanWhite Sands is a Canadian silica sand producer and supplier committed to offering superior products and practicing sustainable development. Utilizing an innovative extraction process and our logistical advantages; CanWhite’s operation is the lowest-cost provider of Canadian White™ silica sand.
Canadian White™ is a registered trademark of CanWhite Sands to identify the Company’s high purity silica sand produced in Canada. Canadian White’s high purity silica is a key input product for renewable energy products, high-grade glass and electronics.
They are the world’s most environmentally friendly silica mine by capitalizing on an innovative extraction process and implementing an environmental program that uses sustainability best practices to reduce our carbon footprint, maximize efficiencies and reduce resource consumption. CanWhite Sands is committed to offering superior products and practicing sustainable development that respects the people, community, and environment.
CanWhite Sands is currently searching for an experienced, self motivated and detailed oriented Executive Assistant in its downtown Calgary corporate office. The Executive Assistant will report directly to the CEO, work with the senior executive and accounting team and will be responsible for performing several administrative duties. The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial work environment. If you are forward thinking, possess good computer and problem-solving skills, are open to a multitude of tasks and are resourceful, this is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company. Investment banking, private equity or paralegal background would be considered an asset.
As a start-up company, entering a period of construction and growth, you will have an opportunity to be part of a company that is leading the drive for innovation and environmental sustainability in our industry. A competitive salary and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate executive communication, including taking calls, responding to emails, and interfacing with outside parties.
- Schedule meetings and appointments, manage travel itineraries and organize travel arrangements, including flights, accommodations, rental vehicles, meeting rooms, etc.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Oversee information technology, including computers, phones, and electronic filing systems.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease.
- Coordinate office facilities, parking, and office supplies.
- Assist with various payroll and employee benefit administration duties.
- Manage travel and expense accounts for assigned Executives.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regards to the business.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as an Executive or Administrative Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
- Proven ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources to accomplish goals in a fast-paced, executive setting, with exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- High degree of initiative, confidence, self-direction, flexibility and an impeccable attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with friendly and professional demeanour.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3067, to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Executive Search Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797