Job Listing – Executive Assistant
Our Client – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary & Area
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area is an organization that believes in the value and values of mentoring. Their team works with community volunteers, partners, funders and other supporters to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth in safe community or school environments.
Since 1994, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area has ignited the potential of thousands of children and youth through mentoring. In those 26 years, they have continued to evolve and grow in response to the ever-changing needs of the communities they serve. The one constant through it all has been their core belief that inherent in every child is incredible potential, and that meaningful one-to-one mentoring relationships are the key to unlocking that potential so it can be shared with the world.
The Executive Assistant is the administrative and confidential assistant to the President & CEO and Board of Directors. This staff member serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external matters pertaining to the office of the President. The executive Assistant is also responsible for maintaining a strong working relationship with all agency departments, community partners, funders and stakeholders and operate at the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Based in Calgary, Alberta, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- provide administrative support to the President and Board of Directors;
- developing administrative procedures and processes to respond to the operating style of the President;
- create and maintain all Board/Committee records and documents (including meeting minutes, Board Policy Manual, Bylaws, etc.);
- coordinate and prepare for all Board/Committee meetings;
- briefing the executive before appointments or meetings with appropriate background information (in hard or electronic copy);
- ensure contacts updated regularly in DonorPerfect database for all CEO requirements;
- coordinate meetings and appearances on behalf of the President and attending committee and special projects meetings as it relates to the Executive Team and Board;
- identifying potential problems and shifting priorities in order to adjust the President’s schedule to meet strategic goals by providing recommendations/solutions;
- planning, organizing and following-up on details relative to internal and external meetings, including Annual General Meeting, and annual Founders meeting;
- prepare expense reports for President and ensure they are kept in good order, as well as develop, organize and maintain business contact files and manual files;
- composing moderately complex letters, memorandums, minutes and reports on behalf of the President. Ensuring all documents are accurate, complete and conforms to the established formats of the agency;
- identifying required information, researching background information and gathering it from appropriate sources (frequently of a confidential, strategic and/or specialized nature);
- maintains a strong working relationship with all agency departments, community partners, funders and stakeholders; and,
- responsible for compliance filing with City of Calgary and Government of Alberta (e.g. business license, property tax exemption, Society Annual Return, CRA Board updates and bylaw changes).
As the ideal candidate, your background includes:
- 5 -7 years of experience in a senior administrative support role;
- excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrate ability to use language and terminology appropriate for the audience;
- strong organizational and priority setting skills, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- ability to manage a variety of technical and confidential responsibilities involving a high degree of initiative, and independence;
- superior skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), Visio would be an asset;
- experience with data entry in different database platforms (CRM, DonorPerfect); and,
- knowledge of basic HTML / website maintenance.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Executive Search Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797