Job Listing – EQUS – Human Resources Specialist(#3046CW)
Human Resources Specialist (#3046CW)
EQUS provides safe and reliable electrical distribution services to commercial and industrial developments, oil and gas operations, telecommunication towers, production facilities and farms throughout 26 Alberta municipal districts and counties.
Since 1947, EQUS has brought power to rural Alberta. Since then, they have grown through mergers to become the largest member-owned utility in Canada, serving over 12,000 members.
EQUS operates offices in Innisfail, Claresholm, Medicine Hat, Bow Island and Onoway.
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources (HR) related programs, activities, and strategic initiatives that reflect the business needs and priorities of EQUS. This role facilitates and supports the day-to-day HR practices of EQUS. Collaborating closely with leadership, this individual acts as a resource, supporting leadership in their supervision of staff by communicating Employment Standards obligations, sharing best practices and providing recommendations, and ensuring compliance with HR policies throughout the organization.
Based in Innisfail, Alberta, the Human Resources Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Direct and/or participate in all day-to-day HR program activities for EQUS, including policy and program management in the areas of recruitment, compensation, benefits, and performance management;
- Provide support and resources to leaders in the management of staff on an ongoing basis;
- Support the timely resolution of employee relations as they arise through investigation and collaboration with the Business Services Group Leader and/or CEO as required;
- Responding to drivers for change, using sound project management skills, implement new programs and initiatives with senior leadership buy-in, communicating changes to all employees and ensuring impact is understood;
- Define and deliver a mix of proactive HR-related communications (email, intranet, webinar, etc.), designed to ensure that employees have access to important information and feel connected to the organization;
- Oversee all aspects of compensation, including performance support processes, salary administration, incentive plans, market and salary surveys, and participate in annual business strategy planning process;
- Coordinate the development of and direct the achievement of organizational and department goals and objectives in consultation with the Business Services Group Leader;
- Develop and monitor the Human Resources budget to ensure efficient utilization of resources; and,
- Maintain employee records, adhering to the utmost standards of confidentiality.
As the ideal candidate, your background includes:
- certificate, diploma, or degree specializing in the field of Human Resources;
- at least five years of experience working in the Human Resources field;
- coaching certification and experience would be considered an asset;
- demonstrated commitment to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality;
- action-oriented and a keen sense of urgency;
- ability to analyze organizational and human behaviour trends;
- ability to interpret, analyze and apply employment standards and other relevant legislation related to the human resources function;
- self-confident, professionally tactful and discerning;
- ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple demands;
- ability to project manage HR projects and programs including investigations, recognition programs, development programs, position and structure review initiatives etc.;
- effective communication skills to network, present, and explain new concepts and ideas, complimented by the ability to build strong linkages with team members, external and internal stakeholders using various modes of communication;
- demonstrated interpersonal skills including negotiation and facilitation proficiencies; and,
- strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite and Visio).
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3046CW, to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Search and Recruitment Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797