Job Listing – Electrical Engineer (#3047CW)
Electrical Engineer (#3047CW)
Our client is currently seeking a Professional Electrical Engineer to manage the design, construction, and operation of electrical systems and act as the project lead for all related engineering matters.
The Electrical Engineer will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team to oversee and coordinate system planning and improvement initiatives. You will be the subject matter expert on engineering related issues and possess leadership qualities to move projects and teams forward.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Directing and coordinating manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation and commissioning, testing and training activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and internal and external customer requirements;
- Analyzing and evaluating electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs while applying knowledge of electricity and materials;
- Conducting field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams and other data to identify issues and develop solutions;
- Liaising with APEGA and relevant industry stakeholders regarding standards of practice;
- Establishing engineering policies and procedures;
- Preparing budgets as required;
- Acting as a technical liaison between the organization and outside parties such as existing customers, vendors, potential new customers, and professional organizations; and,
- Developing and delivering presentations to executives and staff as required.
As an ideal candidate, you posses the following education, experience, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
- Minimum of seven years of specialized experience in electrical engineering
- Electric engineering planning, construction, operation, and maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of electric utility operation (i.e. generation, transmission and distribution of three phase alternating current power).
- Working understanding with the engineering principles, practices, procedures, materials and equipment used in the planning, design, cost estimation, technical and economic analysis, construction, operation, repair and maintenance of electric utility distribution, metering and other facilities.
- Experience preparing business case analysis and reporting, using strong analytical skills to find technical solutions that are both cost effective and technically adequate, in order to support projects or business initiatives.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with a variety of roles, explaining complex technical issues to others with varying technical backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, GIS OMS, CAD, and BIM.
- Precision, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3047CW, to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Search and Recruitment Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797