Job Listing – Controller (#3043CW)
Mertex – Controller (#3043CW)
Our Client – Mertex
Mertex Canada has been operating in Western Canada since 2010. They are a leading provider of oil country tubular goods, as well as energy sector procurement and supply chain solutions.
They operate under three simple but vital principals: quality, reliability and integrity. They customize their products and services to meet client’s needs. Mertex Canada pride themselves on creating professional partnerships and work to earn every order, consistently delivering dependable products and solutions.
Their mission is to become the foremost trusted and distinguished distributor of premium products and services for the energy sector. They take pride in providing services in Western Canada, with over $100 million in sales to date. Their focus and commitment are to provide clients with optimal inventory planning and management.
In this role, you will have broad responsibilities across financial and management reporting. You can look forward to gaining exposure to all commercial areas of the business and opportunities for career progression. This position is located in downtown Calgary, Alberta.
- Oversee all financial operations and direct corporate financial planning and structure including budgeting and forecasting
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to Management and the Board (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required)
- Provision of financial, taxation and business development advice
- Participating in special projects including acquisitions, financings, operating issues and developing management information systems
- Supporting operations management in the identification of business growth opportunities, including due diligence and analysis
- Management and analysis of inventory
- Project allocation and analysis
- Commission reporting
- Monthly tax filing (GST, PST, Annual Income Tax)
- Bookkeeping and preparation of monthly and annual financial results in accordance with GAAP, and annual audit
- Oversee and help manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Oversight of payroll
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures, accounting standards and internal controls are in place
- Operating to safeguard assets and prove the integrity of the overall financial information
- Making recommendations on process improvements and presenting those recommendations to management
The ideal candidate will be CPA qualified, with a minimum of two years of functional experience in a similar role. You will be a self-starter, with a desire to roll up your sleeves to get the work done, as well as have strong technical skills and be able to manage financial reporting requirements and the ability to present financial information to various stakeholders. You will be familiar with various accounting programs including SAGE, OpenInvoice and Cortex.
Key personal attributes include but are not limited to:
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate numbers into words
- Strong leadership and organizational skills and experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be highly motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3043CW, to email@example.com.
Back to Job Opportunities