The CFO must possess expert knowledge of accounting principles and standards to manage the Treasury and Finance Department at Siksika Nation. The CFO has strong leadership ability, reliable, organized, a team player and excellent communication skills. In this position, the CFO avoids bias in attitude or treatment of employees, Siksika members and creates an environment that inspires others to achieve at a higher level. The CFO provides guidance and direction to department staff and managers across Siksika Nation.
As an ideal candidate, you posses the following education, experience, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business specializing in Accounting, or Finance, MBA highly desirable.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, supplemented by a recognized accounting designation.
- Expert knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, control principles, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) guidelines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Siksika Nation Financial Administration Law (FAL),
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Management Act (FMA), Indian Act and related legislations that impact Canada First Nation funding, program and services.
- General knowledge of Siksika First Nation, its history as well as moderate ability to speak, understand and communicate in the Siksika language would be an asset.
- Experience managing large and complex budgets for organizations, preferably in a First Nation environment
- Establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with employees, peers, Treasury Board Members and Siksika Governance
- Demonstrate flexibility and demonstrate strong communication skills and leadership ability.
- Effectively delegates authority and encourages independence.
- Motivate Siksika Nation Administration staff within tight deadlines and multi-tasking several projects.
- Facilitate effective group meetings and provide valuable discussion, constructive feedback and insight.