Job Listing – Black Diamond Group – Manager, Human Resources(#3045CW)
Manager, Human Resources (#3045CW)
Black Diamond Group rents and sells modular space solutions and workforce accommodation solutions to customers in Canada, the United States and Australia. In North America, they also provide specialized field rentals to oil and gas industries. They serve diverse sectors including; construction, technology, oil and gas, mining, power, financial services, engineering, military, government, and education.
Since their humble beginnings as a small operation in 2003, they have grown to encompass three separate business units; Modular Space Solutions, Workforce Solutions and LodgeLink. They have earned a world class reputation, and a track record of over-delivering on promises.
Recognizing their responsibility in the communities they operate; Black Diamond invests in their communities through people – by nurturing local community relationships and by providing and developing local infrastructure. They are committed to the health, safety and welfare of employees and contractors.
Black Diamond offers career opportunities in an environment known for strength, flexibility and brilliance. They look for exceptional people who want to join a dynamic, diverse, and growing company and who will grow stronger and shine brighter in a fast-paced environment.
The Manager, Human Resources will report directly to the Executive Vice President, Shared Services & CIO to implement human resources policies, procedures, plans and programs aligned to corporate strategy throughout all operating regions. This role will engage with leaders and staff in a variety of countries including the United States, Canada and Australia.
You will play a key role as the leader of Black Diamond’s Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment and the recruitment and ongoing development of a world-class work force.
You will also play a major role as part of a team comprised of the IT and Marketing & Communications Leaders, whereby the three of you will help shape, execute and deliver upon exceptional opportunities to advance the fortunes of the company and its employees under the leadership and guidance of the EVP & CIO.
The Manager, Human Resources will have direct accountability for the hire-to-retire process inclusive of employee relations, training and development, organizational management, recruitment and on-boarding, performance management and human resource policies, procedures and initiatives. This includes but is not limited to:
- acting in a consultative manner to communicate effectively with internal staff to unearth and articulate HR requirements and best practices;
- utilizing industry best practices to continually improve performance, efficiencies and productivity within the Human Resources department while achieving and maintaining customer service excellence;
- supporting current and future business needs through managing recruitment, development, engagement, motivation and retention of employees;
- providing professional HR guidance and recommendations to the Executive Leadership on all HR technical matters;
- assisting with gap analysis to continually improve systems and processes to meet the needs of a dynamic and fast paced industry leading organization;
- maintaining knowledge of current legislative frameworks in all operational locations to mitigate risks to the Company;
- developing human resources financial strategies by estimating, forecasting and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results and initiating corrective actions;
- developing and monitoring overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization, including payroll and HRIS systems, recruiting, training, employee relations, HR analytics reporting and planning, performance appraising and reviewing job contributions;
- completing special projects by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities, communicating and coordinating requirements, expediting fulfillment and evaluating milestone accomplishments; and,
- guiding management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines by communicating and enforcing organizational values.
The ideal candidate will be a strong people leader with the ability to think both strategically and pro-actively to help determine the vision and direction of the HR function at Black Diamond, while contributing tactically with their team on day-to-day issues and tasks. A strong customer service focus, with the ability to be innovative and creative and inspire people within HR and across the organization is essential to be successful in this role. You will also posses the following experience, education, skills and abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a series of progressive HR roles in small to mid-sized organizations;
- Five years of related management experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related discipline, CPHR designation is preferred;
- Experience in policy development and documentation and the implementation of comprehensive human resource programs in a constantly changing and dynamic environment;
- Experience in the execution of all facets of HR, including employee orientation, recruitment, performance management, people development, employee relations, deployment and talent transfers and employee communications;
- An in-depth understanding of best practices and required legal compliance in Canada. Other knowledge (US and Australia) of employment legislation would be an asset;
- Proactive and detail orientated planning and project management skills including the ability to successfully translate strategies and concepts into concrete action plans with measurable deliverables and deadlines;
- Proficient with technology including MS office suite;
- Previous experience with a payroll and HRIS systems, preferably ADP and SuccessFactors, considered an asset;
- A demonstrated ability to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholders with a history of success in securing buy-in, commitment and support of human resources initiatives;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and simultaneous demands;
- Strong leadership capabilities with a track record of coaching and mentoring employees;
- Personal presence and relationship skills enabling positive, effective interaction with all levels of staff, including senior executives; and,
- A team player that integrates a high degree of personal drive and motivation toward team support, collaboration and reaching organizational goals.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3045CW, to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Search and Recruitment Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797