Job Listing – Human Resources & Career Transition Consultant (#3044CW)
Human Resources & Career Transition Consultant
Who We Are
Cenera provides customized human resources, career transition, executive search, and information and privacy solutions to organizations and individuals. We are employee-owned, Calgary-based and have been operating for more than 20 years.
We work with organizations of all sizes: from small, growth-focused businesses who appreciate our local expertise and presence to some of Canada’s biggest players looking for an experienced team to support their needs. Our clients come from a diverse range of industries including oil and gas, manufacturing, non-profit, financial services, utilities, health care, municipalities and academia.
Our solutions may include any combination of human resources consulting, management consulting, executive search, executive coaching, career transition, and privacy and information management.
The on-going growth and expansion of Cenera’s Human Resources Consulting and Career Transition practice areas has created the unique opportunity for us to add one or two professionals to our team. Depending on the backgrounds of our candidates, the successful hire(s) may split their time between our Human Resources Consulting and Career Transition practices or will be specialized in one of those fields.
While a business development or consulting background is not essential for success in this role, a willingness to develop these skills, build client relationships and pursue business development opportunities is.
The Human Resources & Career Transition Consultant will:
- develop new business opportunities and work with existing clients to identify other business needs;
- be motivated by excellence and the delivery of exceptional customer service;
- be responsible for building, managing and delivering on a portfolio of client business while maintaining professional and appropriate client relationships;
- positively contribute to the team by understanding Cenera’s service offerings, company values and vision statement;
- work collaboratively, openly share information and expertise, and support team efforts;
- have a mature outlook, with demonstrated ability to think on one’s feet;
- be inherently responsive and follow up on client needs in a timely manner;
- have the ability to manage multiple priorities and client expectations;
- bring strong knowledge of human resources legislation, standards, and methods; and,
- have demonstrated skill writing professional documentation and correspondence.
Human Resources consulting will include, but not be limited to:
- delivering advisory services on a wide range of Human Resources topics, incorporating knowledge of employment legislation and best practices;
- creating and facilitating custom courses / training that meet the unique needs of the client;
- developing and implementing Human Resources programs and processes including performance management, training and development, employee surveys, organization design, strategic planning; and,
- writing and revising corporate policy, ensuring adherence to client culture and applicable legislation.
Career Transition consulting will include, but not be limited to:
- attending termination meetings to assist Human Resources, the leader providing the notification message and the employee being terminated, ensuring a safe and respectful departure;
- providing one-on-one, individualized coaching and support to an active caseload of transition candidates, within the scope of their service program;
- leading / facilitating workshops on a variety of career transition topics including resume development; interview preparation, job search techniques, social media (i.e. LinkedIn), and job offer negotiations;
- actively contributing to Career Transition ‘best practice’ team conversations; and,
- participating in service and product development by looking for new and innovative ways to address corporate clients’ and candidates’ needs and developing new ideas and solutions for the marketplace.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial approach and will derive satisfaction from growth, change and learning. Qualifications:
- an undergraduate degree in business, human resources or related study or equivalent experience;
- Five (5) years of experience working as a Human Resources generalist or Career Transition professional,
- CPHR preferred; and,
- ability to travel as required.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3044CW, to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Search and Recruitment Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797