Program and Practice in Saskatchewan Public Bodies
Now Webcast Live
This half-day workshop will be presented live on-line. The on-line course will be highly interactive, making use of remote platform features that include screen sharing, messaging tools, polling/quiz questions and break-out rooms. Participants will focus on the structures, policies, processes, problem-solving and decision-making involved in developing and implementing an effective program to implement the Saskatchewan Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP/LA FOIP) in your public body. These are some of the questions we will work through with you to provide answers:
- What are the best roles and authority structures for implementing FOIP/LA FOIP?
- How do I handle third-party service providers and partners?
- Do I need to educate and engage staff and elected officials in my program?
- How do I leverage IT and records management systems and resources?
- What is an open government initiative? What are the advantages for my FOIP/LA FOIP program?
- What is a Privacy Impact Assessment and how can use it in my program?
- What internal and external interests and cultures do I need to identify and balance?
- What is a good FOIP/LA FOIP Policy and what role does it play?
- What does the Information and Privacy Commissioner expect from me? How do I handle a complaint or inquiry to the Commissioner?
Most of the time in the workshop itself will be dedicated to considering and working through questions, scenarios, exercises that will apply the legislative provisions of FOIP/LA FOIP to real life access to information situations and problems drawn from the considerable knowledge and experiences of Cenera’s expert instructors and from the participants themselves. Resources made available to participants before the course serve as reference documents for FOIP/LA FOIP access, privacy and security requirements both during and after the course.
Besides FOIP/LA FOIP Coordinators, this course is relevant to the work of a wide range of provincial, municipal, school, university and Alberta Health Services officials, including elected officials, department managers, communications staff, legal or regulatory officials, information managers, and any staff developing and managing a FOIP/LA FOIP program.
Space is limited, so please register early!
We can also come to you virtually. Consider scheduling these courses anytime for your own staff. Up to 20 participants can attend. Up to 20 participants can attend. For more information, contact email@example.com.
About the Instructors
Joan Dunlop, BA, LLB, CIAPP/M has been a FOIP/LA FOIP analyst with a major police service and now works with a wide range of provincial and local government bodies as a FOIP/LA FOIP consultant and expert in Alberta and Saskatchewan, assessing and developing access and privacy programs, providing program support, and leading FOIP/LA FOIP training sessions.
Rick Klumpenhouwer, MA, MAS, CIAPP/M brings over 15 years of experience as a FOIP/LA FOIP Director in a major health region, and as a FOIP/LA FOIP expert consultant, educator, and speaker, for governments, businesses, and non-profit organizations in Saskatchewan, across Canada and internationally.
Class Time: 8:30am – 12:00pm
Cost: $200.00 + GST