You are a master of public speaking and passionate about the Arts in our community. You are self-motivated and excited about engaging the public about Theatre Calgary. You are drawn to this position because you want to make a difference, and your expert communication, relationship, and organizational skills are thorough and beyond proficient.
The dynamic, autonomous role of Community Outreach Coordinator is crucial to increasing our organization’s profile in the community not only locally but also on a National and International level. The role is responsible for connecting the organization with the community it serves. Through interactions with a variety of stakeholders, the position is tasked with amplifying the impact of our involvement in the community and related messaging. As an initial point of contact and a key ambassador, the Community Outreach Coordinator conveys relevant information, builds rapport, and inspires interest and advocacy. The position reports to the Company Manager.
The scope of the contract position will be one that the individual will work within their control up to and completing the below, within a 3-month period.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Represent and enhance the organization’s image through;
- Presentations, Lunch & Learns, Tours, Booths
- Cold Calling, Brochure and Social Media
- Identify growth opportunities and strategic direction through partnerships, market research, and networking.
Data Management & Reporting;
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of interactions and contacts.
- Interpret data for reporting and planning.
- Learn client database and processes within the team to help cover Developmental roles.
You will identify growth opportunities and strategic direction through partnerships, market research, and networking.
- Will aim to achieve 25 – 35 bookings in 10 – 15 locations within Calgary and the surrounding areas. You will need intimate knowledge of the Calgary landscape and other cities within the province of Alberta.
- Mapping out performance locations to illustrate community involvement.
- To book and schedule all performances in a timely manner in association with the Company/Tour Manager.
Candidate Attributes & Requirements
You are adaptable and comfortable with a varied day-to-day, energized at a desk or Zoom meeting as much as you are behind a podium. You are diligent and resourceful and enjoy to plan, organize, and prioritize to meet deadlines and achieve goals. You multi-task without losing focus, consistency, or details. You are proactive and ambitious, driven to assume responsibility. You excel independently as well as cohesively within a team. You are friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic. You carry yourself with a high level of poise and confidence and model professional conduct. You value accuracy, integrity, and compassion.
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of experience in Public Relations, Communications, Tourism, Sales or relevant area.
- Non-profit background preferred.
- Post-secondary education in Public Relations, Communications, Tourism, Sales or relevant area.
- Advanced public speaking, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
We exist to make people feel something. To tell stories and engage audiences from all quadrants in Calgary. We’re here to deliver experiences not soon forgotten to a diverse audience of arts-engaged Calgarians. We are here to live with a purpose greater than the bottom line. In short, we are here to make an impact on Calgary and the wide ranging community we serve.
Please send your resume and cover letter, addressing questionnaire below and your salary expectation to email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please answer all questions. Be specific and keep each answer under half a page.
- What motivated you to apply for this position?
- What aspect(s) of this position appeal to you?
- What experience do you have with public speaking?
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Search and Recruitment Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797
E-mail responses are preferred so as they can be electronically added to our database. By applying to the position of Community Outreach Coordinator, you are providing us with permission to review your résumé and to share your background with this specific client only. In relation to future Searches, we assure you that the information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence. We would like to retain your résumé in our database and would contact you when other opportunities arise.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
We thank all applicants for your time and interest in applying for this role at Theatre Calgary.
Please submit your application by emailing your cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.