As one of the leading providers of seniors’ services and affordable housing in central and southern Alberta, Bethany Care Society has worked hard to serve long-term care residents and persons with disabilities for over 70 years. However, with new and emerging digital tools, increasingly complex regulatory environments, and privacy and security risks on the rise, the leadership team recognized that an effective data governance and security strategy was crucial for longevity and future growth.
Bethany Care Society required external support to navigate the information management, privacy, and data governance landscapes. With limited in-house privacy expertise and very little capacity to implement and manage a strategic program, it became apparent that processing access requests, safeguarding resident data, keeping up with legislative requirements, all while ensuring compliance was too complex to handle alone.
Cenera developed and implemented a robust Access and Privacy Compliance Program, tailored to Bethany Care’s business needs.
- Wrote privacy policies and procedures that comply with legislative requirements
- Completed a comprehensive Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- Generated a process for responding to access requests for personal and health information
- Identified security threats and recommended mitigation strategies
- Produced a privacy breach response plan
- Facilitated training and change management to support good access and privacy management
As circumstances change, regulations develop, and threats to data security evolve, Cenera’s privacy and information management experts continue to provide ongoing support to the Bethany Care Society in an advisory role.
- Ongoing high-level regulatory expertise on access, privacy, compliance and legislation
- Safe, effective, and compliant policies and procedures
- Faster response times to reviews, audits, privacy breaches, and investigations
- Increased efficiencies when processing access requests for personal and health information
- Protection from regulatory sanctions, monetary penalties and reputational damage
- Increase in in-house access and privacy expertise
“Cenera has been excellent to work with and very responsive to our needs, ensuring our policies are developed, our team is trained on access and privacy protocols, and our responses to requests are handled promptly and professionally. Having Cenera’s support in navigating increasingly complex data governance issues has eased many of the pressures and challenges our team was facing.”
– Nancy Hughes, Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer at Bethany Care Society
If you’re drowning in access requests and other responsibilities under legislation, Cenera can help you develop a comprehensive information management, governance, privacy and compliance program.
Why risk a mistake? Talk to us.
Never miss an update, click here to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.