Job Listing – Vice President, Business Environment (#3029CW)
Vice President, Business Environment (#3029CW)
Vice President, Business Environment
The Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA) is a non-profit organization whose membership is comprised of Canada’s leading owners and operators of transmission pipelines. Its members transport virtually all of the natural gas and crude oil produced in Canada to markets across North America.
The team at CEPA has a wide range of experience and expertise in government and stakeholder relations, policy and regulation, communications and engineering. They are committed to working on behalf of its members for successful and positive outcomes to challenges faced by the pipeline industry.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President, Business Environment is responsible for the oversight and strategic direction for CEPA’s Business Environment strategic priority, which includes regulatory and industry initiatives, government and stakeholder relations and cross border regulatory engagement.
The Vice President, Business Environment will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- serving as an Executive member of CEPA’s Management Team;
- ensuring that CEPA is an effective organization through a matrixed structure, customer focus and “living” the organizational norms;
- acting as a thought leader by overseeing the development and execution of industry-wide actions and strategies to improve regulatory and policy engagement, transparency and sustainability;
- providing oversight and guidance in developing and communicating CEPA’s strategies and priorities so as to increase support and engagement from CEPA Members and key stakeholders, including the public, indigenous groups and communities, private and non-government organization sectors and cross border entities;
- advancing relationships with members of government, indigenous and environmental groups, provincial and federal regulatory bodies, other relative associations as well as cross border associations and agencies;
- overseeing and contributing to the development of key policy positions;
- communicating with and influencing political and regulatory stakeholders;
- working with the President & CEO and industry leadership on understanding emerging issues and change drivers affecting the business environment;
- developing forward looking and creative thinking strategies in alignment with the Board’s strategic framework and industry’s business environment;
- influencing Member’s efforts to establish, enhance, harmonize, communicate and promote best practices as it relates to the industry’s policy and business environment;
- partnering with CEPA’s communications group and representing CEPA with the media, at external organizations and at industry forums as directed;
- supporting CEPA’s communications team in developing and reviewing key messages and other collateral, including support to crisis communications;
- ensuring CEPA’s strategic goals are met by influencing a strategic focus to the work of CEPA Working Groups, Executive Standing Committees, CEPA Board of Directors and the CEPA Foundation; and,
- the financial oversight of Business Environment budgets.
You are a senior executive with extensive knowledge in policy and regulation. Your background includes:
- demonstrated thought leadership experience in an executive capacity;
- demonstrated organizational leadership as a senior leader;
- a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience;
- a university Degree in areas such as Business, Public Policy, Engineering or related areas; and,
- an MBA and bilingual in English and French would be assets.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3029CW, to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Search and Recruitment Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797
Email: [email protected]