Job Listing – Senior Media Relations Advisor (#3025CW)
Senior Media Relations Advisor (#3025CW)
Senior Media Relations Advisor
The Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA) is a Calgary based non-profit organization that represents Canada’s transmission pipeline companies who operate more than 119,000 kilometres of pipeline in Canada and 14,000 kilometres in the United States. These energy highways move approximately 1.2 billion barrels of liquid petroleum products and 5.4 trillion cubic feet of natural gas each year. In total, CEPA member companies transport 97 per cent of Canada’s daily crude oil and natural gas from producing regions to markets throughout North America. CEPA promotes and protects member interest through a combination of bilateral and multilateral initiatives, and works with stakeholders from the public, private and non-governmental organization sectors. Find out more about CEPA at: www.cepa.com
CEPA has an opening for a senior media relations advisor
Under the direction and leadership of the Director, Communications the Senior Media Relations Advisor is responsible for developing and executing on a variety of communications projects as they relate to member companies and the pipeline industry. The primary focus of this role is the execution of strategic media relations and proactive issues management.
This role will include the specific accountabilities below:
- Act as the media relations lead and position CEPA as a credible voice of the pipeline industry.
- Develop and successfully execute a strategic media relations strategy for the association.
- Coordinate and develop media training for all senior leaders.
- Coordinate editorial boards for CEPA executives with major media outlets.
- Develop and maintain an issues management program that identifies and prioritizes emerging issues in the pipeline industry.
- Develop and regularly update all external-facing messaging for the organization.
- Monitor traditional media activity around pipeline issues and produce a daily and monthly media report to share with employees of CEPA and member organizations.
- Create media content including press releases, backgrounders, key message documents and digital media kits.
- Build and foster relationships with various stakeholders including media, member company contacts, pipeline industry newsmakers, government personnel, and sister associations.
- Support the President and CEO with speeches, presentations, opinion editorials, and key messaging.
- Support communication requirements for Internal Communications and External Relations Knowledge network.
- Assist in the development and launch of CEPA’s annual industry performance report.
- Assist with CEPA advertising and digital communications as required.
Role Requirement / Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and technical capabilities:
- degree in communications, public relations and/or journalism;
- minimum 7 years’ experience in corporate communications with proven media relations experience;
- first-rate writing and editing writing;
- excellent project management skills;
- Microsoft PowerPoint video editing software knowledge would be as asset as would experience working with media monitoring software; and,
- a background in oil and gas or pipeline sector is preferred.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- keen interest in energy issues;
- ability to proactively build collaborative relationships within CEPA and beyond;
- initiative to identify risks and opportunities, and to make recommendations;
- ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously; and,
- ability to oversee work done by external contractors.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and résumé, (quoting Project #3025CW), to [email protected]. For more information, please contact:
Toll Free: 800.387.8797
Email: [email protected]