Job Listing – Senior Compensation Specialist (#3023CW)
Senior Compensation Specialist (#3023CW)
Senior Compensation Specialist
primeHR is an independent, specialized compensation administration and outsourcing consulting firm. They partner as an organization’s primary compensation advisor to develop employee compensation plans and provide on-going program management for small- to mid-sized companies on an outsourced basis – establishing best practices ahead of the company’s growth curve. Their experienced team of consultants, analysts and use of technologies (via strategic partnerships), allows them to deliver services with efficiency, both in cost and design.
primeHR’s team is headquartered in Calgary, and primarily provides services to clients in the energy and mining industries across Western Canada.
As the result of expanding client needs, primeHR is continuing to broaden their consulting services and outsourced compensation administration support. They are looking for an experienced, service oriented compensation professional to work with their clients and to manage the day-to-day internal business operations of primeHR. This is an opportune time to join and have a direct impact on business growth and success.
If you are an ambitious compensation specialist, capable of working on challenging assignments relating to broad-based employee compensation plan and program design and administration, this role could be for you.
This opportunity will allow you to:
- work in an environment of compensation experts;
- interact with clients and primeHR’s service-provider partners on a daily basis;
- support and educate clients in the design and execution of employee compensation plans and programs (compensation structures, incentives and LTI);
- implement, configure and utilize cloud-based technologies; and,
- be the subject matter expert, leading the optimization of client pay for performance plans and programs.
The Senior Compensation Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- managing complex projects within established budgets and regularly monitoring the success of sequential project steps and tasks;
- drafting successful client proposals, comprehensive work plans, presentations and reports to address client needs;
- collaborating on primeHR’s strategic direction and overseeing the implementation of its strategic plan;
- managing primeHR’s partner relationships;
- overseeing the development of project deliverables by more junior staff, reviewing for technical accuracy, quality, completeness and timeliness;
- providing a full range of comprehensive compensation consulting services and developing, implementing and/or administering compensation programs;
- providing subject matter expertise and serving as a market expert regarding compensation issues;
- building and maintaining effective and healthy client relationships, providing timely guidance and advice to address day-to-day client issues;
- leading the compensation administrative processes for client reward programs, including the use of third-party software applications;
- performing data analysis, developing overall findings and recommendations, and preparing client reports and presentations;
- ensuring high quality of work with the team, providing both detailed and high-level peer review of analyses;
- successfully executing on client service agreements; and,
- maintaining and updating work processes and procedures, elevating the efficiency and accuracy of delivered services to clients.
You are a compensation specialist and your background includes:
- a Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business, Economics or related field;
- a professional designation as a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), while a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) would be an asset;
- 10+ years’ experience in compensation, preferably in both industry (private and public) and consulting environments;
- Strong experience designing and delivering market-based pay, bonus and long term incentive plans;
- building and maintaining business relationships, with experience working with a variety of leadership styles and cultures;
- a very strong working knowledge of MS-Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- experience with compensation management applications, such as SuccessFactors and Shareworks;
- strong critical thinking skills and ability to:
- determine appropriate data analytic approaches and tools based on project tasks and client requirements;
- analyze, organize and interpret data using a logical, systematic and statistically valid process;
- visualize and articulate complex problems and concepts for your audience; and,
- identify and recommend solutions to remove obstacles impeding project steps or task achievement.
You will also possess the ability to be:
- creative, analytical and detail-oriented, which would have been demonstrated through the ability to identify problems and draw conclusions, themes, and trends from data and situational analysis in an advisory/consultative capacity;
- comfortable working in a small team environment with little direct supervision, working with other experts in a collaborative fashion; and,
- supportive of solutions, practices or approaches that are not your own.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully assist with complex project deliverables in a very driven and changing environment, willing to do what it takes to deliver services to clients, whether it be administrative, analytical or consultative in nature.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work under tight deadlines or with changing needs.
- Confidence and ability to work independently as well as in a team structure.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to lead a group and exhibit successful and positive role model behaviors.
- High level of self-motivation.
For additional information and/or to forward your résumé, (quoting Project #3023CW), please contact:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Executive Search Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797
Email: [email protected]