Bow River Energy – Manager, Land (#3031CW)
Manager, Land (#3031CW)
Bow River Energy
Bow River Energy is a privately-held consolidator of undervalued, under-exploited, mature producing assets. Bow River is focused on optimizing production, minimizing cost and responsibly managing abandonment liabilities.
Bow River’s short-term growth will be generated through a combination of drilling, reactivations and acquisition. Target assets generally have had value eroded by diversion of focus and capital to core assets by the vendor. With a sensible capital program, operational focus and hedging, the target assets will be capable of generating strong, stable cash flows.
Bow River’s 2,500 boe/d production comes from three core areas: Provost Alberta, Central Saskatchewan and Northwest Saskatchewan. Visit their website at www.bowriverenergy.com.
Bow River Energy has been described as:
“A company that truly values Safety, the Environment and Profitability.”
“Possessing a high integrity team of professionals.”
“A fun environment with a great team and outstanding field staff.”
Reporting to the head of the Exploration Department, you will be accountable for all land matters relating to acquisition, maintenance and disposition of the Company’s land assets. You will also mentor, coach, train and direct the land staff, liaise with government agencies, and with industry and be responsible for the coordination of the land function.
You will be responsible for the management of all mineral and surface land holdings, including negotiations and drafting of all exploration, joint venture and purchase and sale agreements. You will also interact effectively with other members of the team in setting and achieving the strategic objectives of the Company. Some of the typical duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- identifying opportunities and conducting negotiations with industry counterparts to implement corporate acquisition and growth strategies including farm-ins, farm-outs, poolings, (acquisitions, property sales) and participation opportunities;
- working closely with the management team to define the Company’s land related objectives and to plan and carry out a course of action to achieve those objectives by effectively utilizing the Company’s capital investment program to increase revenues and production;
- interacting with Exploration and Operations personnel in developing and implementing land strategies to accomplish the Company’s objectives and to achieve this in a timely manner within an environment of shared authority and responsibility;
- coordinating the complete documentation of purchase and sale, and other land management agreements, from draft preparation through to final execution;
- representing the Company throughout the petroleum land community thereby generating participation and acquisition opportunities; and,
- providing guidance, leadership, supervision and training to other members of the Land Department staff to enhance the overall effectiveness of the department and to ensure the effective administration of the Company’s land system.
As the ideal candidate, your background includes:
- eight to 12 years of experience, with a minimum of five years in a negotiating and land administration role; and,
- an in-depth understanding of operating agreements and geological concepts; and,
- working knowledge of Qbyte’s CS Land system.
For additional information please contact the undersigned and/or forward your cover letter and résumé, quoting Project #3031CW, to:
|Tomoya Ouchi, RPR
Search and Recruitment Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797
Email: [email protected]