Job Listing – Manager, Human Resources (#3100CW)
Manager, Human Resources (#3100CW)
Black Diamond Group…Brilliance, Quality and Strength Under Pressure
Manager, Human Resources
Since 2003, Black Diamond Group has been providing its customers with remote workforce accommodation, mobile work spaces and oilfield rental equipment, and has quickly become a leader in the modular space and energy services industry. With a network of 16 offices and five operating divisions in Canada, the United States and Australia, the company has an excellent reputation for providing world-class industry site services to the oil and gas exploration and production, mining, forestry, construction, industrial, military, education and government markets.
Black Diamond Group’s operating divisions include, ‘Camps’ specializing in premium, remote workforce lodges featuring executive and VIP-style accommodations, state-of-the-art industrial kitchens and dining facilities and professional quality recreation facilities; ‘BOXX Modular’ solving problems for urban and industrial customers who need modular offices, workspace, construction trailers, and/or mobile storage; ‘Energy Services’ supplying oilfield equipment and services for drilling, completions, and production; ‘Lodging’ providing turnkey lodging services, remote facility management and supply chain solutions; and, ‘International’ providing workforce housing and modular workspace solutions and associated services outside of North America.
Current and past employees of Black Diamond Group describe the company as a:
“Progressive organization with a great culture and an excellent work/life balance.”
“Exciting and challenging place to work.”
“Good company. Great ideas. Wonderful people.”
The Manager, Human Resources will play a key role as the originator and leader of human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Based in Calgary, Alberta, this position will report directly to the Vice President of Corporate Administration and be responsible for implementing human resources policies, plans and programs that are aligned to the corporate strategy throughout all operating regions. This role will engage with leaders and staff in a variety of countries including the United States, Canada and Australia.
You will have direct accountability for employee relations, training and development, organizational management, recruitment and on-boarding, performance management, payroll and human resource policies, procedures and initiatives.
Through your understanding of the business, you will work closely with leaders to enable the delivery of the business plan and will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- acting in a consultative manner to communicate effectively with internal clients to unearth and articulate human resource requirements and best practices;
- provisioning of superior client service and enhancing department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- providing professional human resources guidance and recommendations to the VP of Corporate Administration on all human resources technical related matters;
- assisting with gap analysis to continually improve systems and processes in order to meet the needs of a dynamic and fast paced industry leading organization;
- managing Human Resources operations including recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, counselling and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions;
- developing human resources financial strategies by estimating, forecasting and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results and initiating corrective actions;
- accomplishing special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment, evaluation milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action and changing assumptions and direction;
- guiding management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines as well as communicating and enforcing organizational values; and,
- maintaining knowledge of current legislation to mitigate risks to the Company.
Individuals with substantial human resource knowledge at a senior managerial level, with the demonstrated capabilities of coordinating numerous activities within a growing and changing environment will find this role of interest. As the ideal candidate, you will also possess:
- a minimum of seven years’ experience in a series of progressive senior level human resources roles;
- experience in policy development and documentation, and the implementation of comprehensive human resource programs in a constantly changing and dynamic environment;
- experience in the execution of all facets of human resources, including employee orientation, recruitment, performance management, people development, employee relations, deployment and talent transfers and employee communications;
- proactive and detail orientated planning and project management skills, including the ability to successfully translate strategies and concepts into concrete action plans with measurable deliverables and deadlines;
- proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office;
- previous experience with an ATS and HRIS system that includes a working knowledge of SuccessFactors and ADP;
- a demonstrated ability to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholders with a history of success in securing buy-in, commitment and support of human resources initiatives;
- the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities and simultaneous demands;
- the personal presence and relationship skills enabling positive, effective interaction with all levels of staff including senior executives; and,
- a high degree of personal drive and motivation towards team support, collaboration and reaching organizational goals.
An in-depth understanding of best practices and required legal compliance and other country knowledge of employment legislation (United States and Australia) as well as a Certified Human Resources Professional designation would be considered an asset.
For additional information and/or to forward your cover letter and resume, (quoting Project #3100CW), please contact:
|Melissa McCarthy, RPR
Executive Search Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797
Email: [email protected]