Job Listing – Executive Director (#3017CW)
Executive Director (#3017CW)
Calgary Minor Soccer Association…Kick Start a Great Future
The Calgary Minor Soccer Association (CMSA) is the governing body of soccer in Calgary. They provide year-round opportunities for competitive and recreational soccer for youth ages 4 to 18 and developmental and educational opportunities for players, coaches and referees of all ages and skill levels. The CMSA is a registered not-for-profit organization representing over 20,000 youth soccer players within the City of Calgary and are the largest youth sports organization in Western Canada, operating outdoor and indoor soccer programs involving over 1,400 teams.
CMSA’s mission is dedicated to working with their member organizations to develop, organize, promote and create opportunities that allow all participants to reach their desired level of achievement within the sport of youth soccer.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for planning, executing and managing the daily business affairs of the CMSA in consultation with the Executive Committee and in accordance with the by-laws of the CMSA.
The Executive Director will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- developing a business strategy that is widely supported and guides fund-raising and image-enhancing initiatives throughout the organization;
- developing a three-year strategic plan for the CMSA;
- ensuring the vision and strategic direction of the CMSA is known, shared and understood by staff and members;
- providing overall direction in setting the goals, establishing the environment and evaluating the resulting performance of staff;
- ensuring that the overall direction of the programs of CMSA youth soccer is aligned with the mission and vision of the association;
- developing and acquiring sufficient facilities and fields for the present and future growth of youth soccer;
- ensuring the articulation of annual fund-raising priorities and meeting annual fund raising targets;
- keeping the President apprised of the business and affairs of the CMSA. Ensuring that the President and Board are kept informed of emerging and strategic community issues/opportunities;
- preparing annual budgets, plans and policies for Board approval and implementing the same upon their approval;
- continually expanding and developing relationships with individuals, groups, and organizations capable of contributing to the success of the organization; and,
- staying informed of developing trends, approaches and opportunities.
As the ideal candidate, you are focused, driven and energetic. You will also possess:
- a University Degree in a related field;
- a minimum of 10 years’ experience in sport administration in a leadership role;
- clear understanding of the governance model related to strategic and operational committees in the not-for-profit sector;
- knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit / voluntary organizations;
- experience with contractual agreements, contract negotiations and grant writing as they apply to the not-for profit sector;
- experience working with local, provincial and national not-for-profit organizations;
- excellent communication skills with a natural ability to connect with people;
- proven problem solving and decision-making skills with an ability to think outside of the box, creating and offering effective solutions;
- ability to influence others and follow up on commitments;
- agility in the midst of competing priorities with the ability to continually re-adjust priorities and multi task;
- experience in pursuing sponsorship and maintaining on-going effective sponsor relationships;
- proficiency dealing with the web properties, media and promoting a strong corporate brand; and,
- commitment and a strong desire to make a difference.
Attendance at frequent evening meetings will be required.
For additional information and/or to forward your résumé, (quoting Project #3017CW), please contact:
|Melissa McCarthy, RPR
Executive Search Consultant
Toll Free: 800.387.8797